Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A new place to call home

Before writing my entry I would like to comment on my last comment from a Mr. Robinson.
Dear Mr. Robinson,
If you will, please take note that my last entry was exactly a week ago. In my opinion i feel that is a very sufficient length of time b/t entries. Please remember, I have now switched jobs in which i work 8:30-18:00 Mon-Fri and that finding time to write such clever and witty entries is a bit difficult. So, if it please you, i will continue to do my best to only allow a week in b/t my entries and continue to keep them as charming as before.

Thank you for your time,
Me.

The first two weeks it was a bit hard for my host mother to get my name straight b/c the only interactions we had were early in the morning while I was dashing out of the door to catch the taxi/truffi (public transport in which two people sit in the passenger seat and three people sit in the back for the price of about $0.20 ea). The other one when I got home around 6PM super hungry and tired with no energy to carry out a decent conversation.

So, after these little interactions I don’t blame her for calling me “Caro” instead of Karen everyday. Funny thing about the name “Caro” is that it’s not a typical name; it translates into “expensive!” This whole time my host mother must’ve thought I was a girl of riches for my parents to name me “expensive.” (ha!) We certainly know that’s not the case.

Anyway, I’m in my third week of living here and she knows my name and that I’m definitely not made of riches.

No comments: