I took some vacation time this weekend to visit nearby Portland, OR with some friends and I had a great time. Friday night we attended the Blazers game and unfortunately they lost. However, it was a very entertaining game and I was super glad to have witnessed a few fans get tossed out of the dome/stadium due to their poor sportsmanship while most of the stadium applauded them not b/c of their behavior, but more for the reason why these middle aged men were getting kicked out of the place -giving the refs a hard time. I could get used to attending NBA games once a week, it seems it would be something fun to do on Friday evenings besides going to a movie.
Saturday we visited the Japanese gardens of Portland and the famous Saturday market. The gardens were beautiful and although small in area/size, the plants and waterways were gorgeous and plentiful. The market was bustling with people (probably due to the fantastic weather that day) and venders. I treated myself to a tasty lamb gyro from one of the food vendors and then fell in love with a ZAFU floor pillow set, so much in love, I bought one! Chi Moore is a great man for giving up his saturday evening to sew and stuff pillows in the colors I wanted. www.organicdreampillows.com is his website, but you can always visit him at the Portland Saturday market. I've been using it for a couple of days now and it's oh so comfy.
Last night some friends and I went and listened to SIA sing at the Showbox @ the Market. She didn't sing any songs that she sung with Zero 7 so I didn't get to sing along much, but it was great fun listening and dancing to her new music.
Living in a big city has given me such great opportunities to listen to live music by great musicians, the only problem is making time and enough money to see them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment